Opening hours and events
Christmas at the Fortress
Christmas in Suomenlinna is full of yuletide atmosphere!
The services at the fortress provide all visitors some Christmas atmosphere. Program for Christmas at the fortress has been reduced from the original for the time between November 28 and December 20 due to corona virus situation in the capital area. You can get to the Christmas atmosphere with your closest ones safely in Suomenlinna by following our updated tips.
The programme is subject to change.
Things and places to experience
- The Christmas trees around the fortress will have their Christmas lights lit.
- The Blue route is an excellent way to get to know Suomenlinna. Blue route across the fortress runs from north to south via all the main sights. Read more here.
- The Trail of the Fortress Gnome opens and you can walk it through at your own pace. Follow this link to find out more.
- On 28 and 29 November 12 a.m.–4 p.m. the Glass studio Hytti opens its doors for you to come and admire glassblowing as well as find unique Christmas presents for your family and friends.
Have yourself a tasty little Christmas – Christmas menus at our restaurants
Christmas lunches at Adlerfelt 7–22 December
- A three-course menu is available daily from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Price: 35€/person
- Check the items on the menu and the opening hours of the restaurant here. Remember to book a table in advance!
Christmas menus at the Restaurant Suomenlinna Brewery 26 October–19 December
- The menus are available on order by booking at least four business days before the occasion.
- Price: From 35€/person
- Book your menus here.
To stay overnight in Suomenlinna is a unique experience. Discover the different options and book your stay!