Originally, Suomenlinna was equipped with several gunpowder magazines for protecting the gunpowder from moisture and enemy fire. One of the two remaining magazines has been transformed into a meeting & banquet facility.
The renovated banquet hall is located in the old granary of the fortification’s bakery, built in 1775. The rough and lively surface of the tall tile vaults gives the hall its distinctive look. The north-side windows of the hall open onto the dock basin.