Cannon Sloop Diana sailings
More than 200 years ago Viapori’s archipelago fleet, which participated in the large sea battle at Ruotsinsalmi, sailed Suomenlinna’s waters. Next summer, you can step aboard cannon sloop Diana, which has been built according to its 1700s role models, and sail the coastal waters of Suomenlinna.
Children´s maritime adventure (in finnish)
- Between 26.6.- 3.8.2019 on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 12.30
- Saturdays in August 10.8., 17.8., 24.8. and 31.8.2019 at 12.30
During the Children’s maritime adventure, you are familiarised with cannon sloop Diana and the 18th Century. An action-packed and exciting boat trip to the Age of Enlightenment’s Suomenlinna with Admiral Chapman awaits. During the sailing, you will also learn the skills necessary on board the vessel of Suomenlinna’s archipelago fleet, such as rope coiling and knots, as well as signals.
Public sailing (in finnish)
- Between 26.6.- 3.8.2019 on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 15.30
- Saturdays in August 10.8., 17.8., 24.8. and 31.8.2019 at 15:30
During Diana’s sailings you will see Suomenlinna from the sea and hear about the fascinating history of the archipelago fleet. The public can choose to assist in raising and lowering the sails, and a few brave ones can join in with the rowing. The journey is enlivened by Admiral Chapman and his crew.
- Adults 25 €
- Children (3-15 years) 12,50 €
- Children (0-2 years) 7 €
Duration and point of departure
The duration of the sailing is approximately 1 hour 45 min. Sailings depart from Suomenlinna’s Tykistölahti Pier. You can reach Suomenlinna on JT-Line’s water bus or HSL’s ferry from the Market Square. The boat trip is not included in the ticket price.
Diana is an open boat, so dressing according to weather conditions is important. Due to the wind, it may be cold at sea even on a warm day. It is good to have a warm and relaxed casual outfit, as well as flat shoes, with you. In case of rain, it is good to bring a raincoat. It is also worth taking a bottle of water with you. Children can participate only with an adult.
Ticket sales and bookings
- Pre-bookings via Ehrensvärd-society
- Remaining tickets at the same day: Kiosk by the Artillery bay, Suomenlinna, enquiries: +358 (0)9 6841850
Enquiries and further information
- Ehrensvärd Society, + 358 (0)9 6841850, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cannon sloop’s Facebook page
- Cannon Sloop Instagram page
We restrict our liabilities to organising the programme in accordance with the admiralty law. We reserve the right to make changes to the information provided.